22 June 2007

My Blog is Rated "R" ...

I saw this blog rating service mentioned on Adrastos, the blog that belongs to a family friend in New Orleans who blogs about post-Katrina life in his city.

Apparently, my blog isn't acceptable for all ages:

What's My Blog Rated? From Mingle2 - Online Dating

I was also curious to see what the rating for my congregation's web site was using this service:

What's My Blog Rated? From Mingle2 - Online Dating

I'm pretty sure that my congregation's leadership will be relieved to know they are safe for all ages.

In case anyone is interested, here's the ratings for several blogs that I routinely read:

And this blog content rating service is just as openly transparent as the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) rating system for movies that is often criticized for its effect on artistic expression in film. The documentary This Film Is Not Yet Rated examines the problems with the MPAA ratings and the non-transparency of the MPAA process.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm only PG-13. Somehow I'm disappointed.

Boy in the Bands (Scott Wells) said...

G! The outrage!